Closing date: Wednesday 29th June 2022
Draw date: Thursday 30th June 2022
Closing date: Wednesday 29th June 2022
Draw date: Thursday 30th June 2022
For a chance to win up to £3,000 and help keep Magpas Air Ambulance flying, enter our Summer Raffle today. Here are just some of our previous lucky winners!
“I support Magpas Air Ambulance as they supported me when I was in an accident I had when I was changing the roof of my summer house, they took me to hospital. I plan to spend my winnings on a new shed and I'll be more careful in the future!”
Mr Stubbins, Thetford
“I believe in the air ambulance because you never know when you might need it, you never know what's around the corner.”
Mr Spall, Bishop’s Stortford
“I have supported Magpas Air Ambulance for a few years now, as I feel the work they do is so important. It was a total surprise to me that they are not state-funded and therefore rely on public donations. Nobody knows when they might need an air ambulance, so help no matter how small is vital. I was happy to support without winning a prize, but thank you for your generosity.”
To go back to the main page and complete your raffle entry, please click 'PLAY NOW'. Good luck!
What should I do if I do not receive a confirmation email?
If you do not receive a confirmation email containing your raffle ticket purchase within 48 hours, please check your junk mail in the first instance.
If there isn’t an email there, please contact the Magpas Air Ambulance Support Care Team by emailing email@example.com or calling 0300 321 4971.
Why do I have to be over 18 to take part in the Raffle?
It is against the law for anyone under the age of 16 to take part in any form of gambling. Magpas Air Ambulance has chosen to increase the age of entry to 18 in line with the national lottery rules.
Can I enter the raffle if I live outside of Great Britain?
Magpas Air Ambulance is not able to sell raffle tickets to anyone living outside of Great Britain (Scotland, Wales and England). This is to comply with current Gambling Commission guidelines, who we are registered to run our raffles with. There are different regulations in place in Northern Ireland.
Where does the money from the raffle go?
As a charity funded by donations, it's donations such as that from our raffles that helps keep Magpas Air Ambulance saving lives 24/7 for people in your community. Every ticket bought will help keep our air ambulance flying, rapid response vehicles on the road and our medics responding to critically ill or injured people when they need us most.
When will I hear if I’ve won?
The Summer Raffle draw will take place on Thursday 30th June 2022. If you're one of our lucky winners, we'll contact you via phone or email on the day the prize draw takes place. If we can't get hold of you, we'll send you a confirmation in writing by post. We also post a list of winners on the Magpas Air Ambulance website.
Why do you give out prizes to your supporters even though you’re a charity?
We have found that running a raffle is an excellent way of raising vital funds to support Magpas Air Ambulance and raise awareness for the charity. For some supporters, this is the only way they choose to donate to Magpas Air Ambulance.
Every raffle raises more in donations and ticket sales than is spent on the prizes and production of the raffle itself. In the last year we have raised over £108,000 for the charity, a significant amount of funding that we simply could not have achieved from any other appeal.
How is your prize draw regulated?
We are registered with the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005 LOT 150/1630/1. If you would like more information about how raffles and lotteries are regulated please go to the Gambling Commission website www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk .
Where can I find more information about the terms and conditions of the prize draw?
More information about the terms and conditions of our prize draws can be found on the Terms and Conditions tab. The names of the winners will be published within 14 days of the draw on the Magpas Air Ambulance website.
Terms and conditions of Raffle participation:
1. These Terms and Conditions are the rules of the Magpas Raffle (herein known as the “Charity”) Raffle. By joining and playing the raffle, the entrant is bound by these rules. You may not accept all or any part of these rules, and your participation in the raffle will be cancelled if you reject any or part of the following.
2. The Charity runs a raffle as the sole beneficiary after prizes and expenses. All profits from the Charity Raffle are used to fund the charity’s work. The raffle is licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005 in accordance with the Gambling Act 2005 www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
Non Remote Licence No. 033615-N-3150-46-003
Ancillary Remote Licence No. 033615-A-332719-001
3. The Charity wishes to conduct its raffle in a fair and responsible way and endorses responsible gambling. We will review the terms and conditions six monthly and update them as required by law from time to time. We reserve the right to make changes to these rules and will publish any changes 28 days in advance on the charity website.
4. The responsible person is Daryl Brown who may be contacted at the address at the end of this page. The responsible person is not eligible to play the Charity Raffle.
5. To enter the raffle you must be aged 18 years of age or over. The Charity will, where appropriate, carry out checks to verify this requirement if necessary.
6. You therefore represent and agree that:
a) You are 18 years of age or over.
b) You will not buy or purport to buy an entry in this raffle on behalf of anybody under the age of 18
c) You will provide accurate entry information, including your name and personal address
7. You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to confirm to the Promoter your representations under paragraph 6
8. Should a prize winner be found to be under the age of 18 we will refund their money and withhold the prize, additionally the charity reserves the right to reclaim any prizes issued in error.
9. Entry is open to all residents of the UK but excludes: The Charity’s Chief Executive Officer; or employees of Telebank (the third party directly involved in the administration or management of the Raffle).
10. Entry costs £1 per play, payable in advance, by Debit Card, cash, cheque, or Postal Order as listed on the entry form. The maximum number of tickets is 50 per person.
11. The Charity is not liable for any lost, stolen, delayed, incomplete or illegible entries, nor for any delays in the banking system. Proof of posting is not proof of delivery. Any money received after the closing date will be accepted as a donation.
12. The Charity may (without giving any reason, at its discretion) decline to accept an entry, terminate or suspend the raffle.
13. The raffle draw will be conducted on 30th June 2022, or if this isn’t possible, on the next working day and will be witnessed by two people. The closing date for entries is 29th June 2022 at 5pm. The draw takes place at Telebank, 126 Fairlie Road, Slough, SL1 4PY which is a Gambling Commission approved, third party test house. The results of the draw are final.
14. The Charity reserves the right to postpone any raffle draw for a period of no longer than 14 days; in the event of an emergency. Details of any postponement will appear on the charity website www.magpas.org.uk
15. The winning numbers will be published on the charity website www.magpas.org.uk no later than 14 days after the draw has taken place. To request a list of winners please contact the responsible person or the raffle office on 01480 371060.
16. There are no alternatives to any prize except where stated and no interest is payable. Prizes are non-transferable.
17. Winners will receive their prizes by cheque or bank transfer no later than ten working days after the draw has taken place, addressed to the details of the player held by charity on the day of the draw. Winners do not have to make a claim and all prizes will be paid automatically. All winners will be notified by post.
18. Any uncashed or unclaimed prizes will be deemed as a donation to the Charity after the period of six months.
19. All participants in the draw are responsible for providing the charity with up to date contact details. The charity will not be liable for any loss caused by the failure of the entrant to inform the charity of any changes or errors to their details.
20. If we’re notified that a participant in the raffle is deceased, the charity will use all reasonable efforts to contact the estate of the entrant. If the charity is unable to contact the personal representatives of the entrant, it will hold the funds for six months from the date we became aware the entrant was deceased. After this time, the funds will be deemed a donation to the charity.
21. The personal representatives or executors may contact the charity to claim the funds at any time during the six-month period and, as long as they can provide any information the charity reasonably requires, the charity will then refund the funds.
22. All monies received as advanced payments will be held in a ring fenced bank account prior to each raffle draw being made and won’t be applied to any other use than that of funding entries into the draw prior to the draw. In the event of the society becoming insolvent no guarantee is given that refunds will be made. Further information can be found at https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/public-and-players/guide/page/what-it-means-if-your-money-is-not-protected
23. The Charity will comply with all of the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR) requirements to protect your personal data. Any individual has the right to request information held about them. To gain access to this information, please contact the responsible person for the lottery at the end of this document.
24. The Charity’s Complaints and Disputes Procedure forms part of the Charity Raffle Policy and Procedures document, which is available via the Charity website www.magpas.org.uk and which will be made available to customers upon request by calling our Raffle Office on 01480 371060 or by writing to the responsible person at the address below.
25. If you'd like to be excluded from future charity raffles, please use the online self-exclusion form available via the charity website. Alternatively, you can also contact our Head Office to be sent a Self-Exclusion form on 01480 371060 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
26. The Charity would like you to gamble responsibly. The Charity’s Responsible Gambling Guide is included in its Lottery Policy and Procedures online at www.magpas.org.uk.
27. If you feel you have a problem with gambling, visit www.begambleaware.org or call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.
28. This raffle is subject to the laws of England and the jurisdiction of the English courts.
29. In 2021, the likelihood of winning a prize was, on average, 1 in 33,800 in our seasonal Raffles dependant on how many tickets are purchased.
30. In our Christmas 2021 Raffle the breakdown of costs was as follows: 7% Prize, 13% Postage, 2% Design, 17% Raffle Services, 17% Admin, 44% to the Charity.
Responsible Person & Promoter:
Magpas Air Ambulance
St Mary’s Street,
Telephone 01480 371060
Registered Charity No. 1119279
Gambling Commission License Number, 000-033615-N-3150-46-009
Ancillary Remote Operating License Number: 000-033615-A-332719-001